What is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)®?
BCSP awards the Certified Safety Professional to individuals who demonstrate competency and work full-time in professional positions where at lease 50% of duties are task devoted to the prevention of harm to individuals in the workplace environment. Whether your career goals include seeking a new position, moving up in your current organization or moving to private practice, you can accelerate your opportunities by achieving the Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification. You can improve your chances for success, being selected for leadership and senior positions, and increased salary through the ASP credential. BCSP offers you the opportunity to rise above the competition by adding the ASP certification to your portfolio.
Achieving ASP / CSP designation
- Is an indication of professional growth
- Enhances professional credibility,
- Provides evidence of professional commitment,
- Enhances employability and mobility, and
- Increases earning potential
It will be computerized on-line, multiple choice exam. in any of the approved computerized exam centers (PearsonVUE test center) in various countries in the world including India at your convenient day / time. Exam is of 5 hours and contains 200 multiple-choice questions with four possible answers. You have to tick the correct answer. Your score is based on the number of scored items you correctly answer. There is no negative mark.
Qualification or eligibility
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any field or an Associate’s degree in Safety, Health or the Environment or a closely related field in USA or equivalent for International candidates
- Will have 4-year of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties.
- Must pass the CSP examination
- BE : 10 + 2 + 4 years study = 16 years study and is eligible for CSP.
- Diploma holders with 10 + 3 = 13 years study and be eligible for OHST.
- M.Sc,/MA (10 + 2 + 3 years B.Sc/ BA + 2 years M.aster) = 17 years study and is eligible for CSP.
All eligibility criteria must be met before you make an application. Students need to enrol for a Pre – Qualifications Review in order to get their qualification assessed for further process. Upon PQR (Pre-Qualification review) students can proceed with their application process to BCSP Board
PQR Charges: Call +91 7738906655
- Review of your Academic Qualifications / Professional Experience and Professional Qualification
- Steps to follow for application process
- Application to ASP
BCSP currently accepts only the following certifications, licenses or memberships for waiver of ASP examination. For details please visit BCSP’s web site:: http://www.bcsp.org/csp,
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the U.S. state or territory. Chartered Engineer (CEng) from the Engineering Council (United Kingdom); Certified Health Physicist (CHP); Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)*; Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)*; Chartered Professional Member SIA (CPMSIA), Fellow of SIA (FSIA) or Chartered Fellow of SIA (CFSIA) from the Safety Institute of Australia; Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S) with a Safety Management credential from the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses (ABOHN); Professional Member of the Singapore Institute of Safety Officers (SISO); those who are eligible and passed from RLI or CLI in India.