Behaviour based safety (BBS) is a highly effective approach to prevent occupational injuries, and its influence on work culture is spreading worldwide. The term “sustainability” has become the hallmark of health and safety in the industrial world today” and the most sophisticated companies are now scrutinising vendors and providers as never before for “sustainability” in supply of quality goods and services. The potential internal impact and external credibility of a behavior-based safety system contributes significantly towards sustainability strategies.
BBS creates a lasting impact on people’s attitudes about working safely, their awareness of expectations, their training and management sincerity. The practicality of BBS lies in the fact that it can be implemented to some degree in every work setting thereby impacting the behaviors and attitudes of everyone across the organization. However, BBS only reaches its remarkable potential when everyone in an industrial complex understands BBS principles and practices BBS procedures and when the senior management owns and drives the process.
Upon the successful completion of this course the participant shall be able to:
- Define behaviour and identify the scope and purpose of a behaviour-based safety program
- Distinguish between the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor and the employee
- Identify factors that cause incidents (Environmental and personal factors)
- Learn how to develop a stronger safety culture in their organization.
- Identify the influences on Behaviour.
- Determine how to effectively observe Behaviour.
- Identify Behaviour reinforcement concepts.
- Specify ways to motivate employees and address the human factor.
- Recognize the importance of attitude and how it affects safety on the job.
- Case Studies
- Group Exercise
- Historical Data
- Interactive Sessions
Who should register for this course?
- Health & Safety Personnel
- Plant/Operations Personnel
- Engineering Personnel
- Regulatory Compliance Staff
- HR Personnel
Course duration and assessment
This is 1 day training. Delegates will be given a CSS certificate upon completion of the course.