Approved by Government of Maharashtra, Ministry of Labour.
Directorate of Industrial Safety & Health, (DISH),
This FIRST AID – DISH Approved training provides students with the basic know-how and necessary skills on how to properly respond immediately to workplace injuries or medical emergencies.
Who should attend this First Aid – DISH Approved training?
This training is recommended for all individuals.
- Emergency First Aid Care
- Recognising an Emergency
- Deciding to Help
- Personal Safety
- Using Barriers
- Assessing for Response
- Mechanism for Spinal Injury
- Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Primary Life-Supporting Skills
- Airway-Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift
- Clearing the airway – Long Roll
- Protecting the Airway – Recovery Position
- Breathing – Ventilation Mask
- Breathing – Ventilation Shield
- Circulation – Chest Compressions
- Initial Assessment
- Unresponsive Patient
- CPR for Cardiac Arrest
- Bare, Prepare and Place Pads
- Troubleshooting Messages
- Control of Bleeding
- Managing Shock
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Ongoing Assessment
- Warning Signs of Serious Illness
- Mechanism for Significant Injury
- Specific First Aid Problems
- Moving Patients
- Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
- Hands-on skill practice
Participants will practice essential skills in small group practices and can also apply those skills in optional scenario-based practices.
A FIRST AID wall certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course.