CQI-IRCA ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor training course
The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor certification comprises an expert certification for auditors specialising Information Security Management System Standard ISO 27001:2013. The training is classroom-based with written exams and is necessary to have performed some ISO/IEC 27001 audits along with experience in Information Security. The course usually consists of around four days (forty hours) of training and a final exam on the last day. The course requires courses some existing knowledge of ISO27001, but the content of the courses vary substantially. The main advantage upon achieving the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor certification is the acknowledgement that the person has the necessary skills in the topic.
An Information Security Management System Standard ISO 27001:2013 aims at protecting employer and employee information through a well-organised process-based method for establishing, executing, operating, controlling, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
The primary goal of this five-day course is to provide students with the skill and knowledge needed to perform first, second and third-party audits of Information Security Management Systems against ISO 27001, per ISO 19011:2018 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
Upon completion of this training, you would be able to describe the purpose of an information security management system, the standards, the audit and of third-party certification. Besides, you would also be able to explain the role of an auditor to plan, do, check and follow up an ISM system audit under ISO 19011:2018 and ISO/IEC 17021-1.
- ISO 27000 standards series;
- Auditing Process Approach including the PDCA Cycle;
- Auditing ISO 27001:2013 Standard requirements;
- Auditing Information Security Management Systems Documentation;
- Auditing ISO 19011:2018 standard requirements;
- Auditing Roles and Responsibilities of Auditor;
- Audit Planning- Audit Plan;
- Checklists, Non Conformance Reports;
- Audit Reporting;
- Final Team Meeting/ Follow up;
- Verification/ Audit Records;
- Exercises, Case Studies etc.;
- Accreditation/ Certification and Auditor Registration;
- Course Examination
The course timings are from 8:30 A.M. and ends at 6:00 P.M each day. The training consists of a series of Power Points, group exercises including group activities, discussing practical experiences followed by thirty minutes lunch break on each day.