What is E-learning?
With online courses spreading rapidly on the internet, more and more children and adults are turning towards e-learning. E-learning means engaging in an educational course through an online setting. Furthermore, e-learning courses can exist in a variety of forms, using various technologies.
It is also known as multimedia learning, online education, web-based training, virtual education as well as digital education. We have all heard these buzzwords. We are also aware that it is the “future of training”.
Health and Safety E-learning can help students complete their education and training objectives with greater ease and flexibility than they can with traditional classroom-based learning. This means that users can learn during any time of the day, whenever it’s most convenient for them. This is something that classroom and in-office training cannot compete with. Students can also start a session on one device (for example, a smartphone during a commute) and resume it on another device (such as a tablet at home in the evening).
Health and safety is very rarely on top of people’s to-do list, which is why we need to make it as simple as possible.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Learning Management System is a universal term for a computer system developed explicitly for managing online training courses, distributing course materials as well as allowing collaboration between teachers and students.
Our LMS allows you to manage every aspect of a course, from the registration of learners to the storing of test results. Thereby, permitting you to accept assignments digitally and keep in touch with students. A learning management system would make your life easier and help your course run smoothly.
Features of LMS
- Customisation – An LMS will usually offer several different options for customisation to tailor the system as per your needs. Notification settings, language options and other features can be changed to suit the way you want your LMS to work for you. This is great because one LMS can be used by many users, each with unique preferences.
- Enrolment – The system may allow students to enrol online and keep track of their course progress and test results. It may also permit students to pay their course fees online via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Virtual Classroom – The LMS may integrate with whiteboard systems for virtual classroom sessions and help students schedule sessions too. It gives them the ability to send out invites or reminders for classroom sessions.
- Social Networking – An LMS can integrate with social media so you can share your news items content via Facebook or Twitter at the click of a button.
- Communication – The LMS system must also have a built-in functionality for communicating with students, by sending out bulk emails to everyone on a particular course. Students can also schedule automatic emails which can help in notifying others of a virtual classroom session or an upcoming test. An LMS may also provide you with a chat room or a forum that the students can use.
- Testing – Tests are an integral part of online courses. The test results will be stored and available for students within the reporting area of the LMS. Students can also set up a multiple choice test and choose to have the results delivered just to them, or perhaps also displayed immediately on-screen.
Virtual Learning Environment
Virtual learning is a new method of gaining an education in all types of subjects. In our virtual classroom, different communication channels are available for a live interaction between the students and the trainer. These involve instant messaging, voice, question & answer chat, status icons and webcam (optionally, for live video).
Benefits of our Virtual Classroom
- Accessible – Virtual learning is accessible to every student who has a computer, tablet or a smartphone.
- Location – You can study an online training course from any location where you get a good Wi-Fi signal.
- Flexible – Our virtual learning classes usually take place at a time that is convenient for the student. In order words, there is no need to be in a classroom at a specific time on a particular day.
- Affordable – Users are able to learn from the comfort of their home. It means that there are no additional travelling costs involved in virtual learning.
- Convenient – Students can study at their own convenience, thereby making this type of learning preferable for those with full-time jobs or with young families.
The word “Moodle” stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. In other words, this means a system that educational institutions use to deliver courses and learning materials to their students.
Students registered with CSS can gain full access to our Moodle server at any time of the day. They will be provided with a login ID and password. Students can find the Health and Safety Diploma and IOSH Managing Safely course materials on the Moodle. In addition to this, there are useful PowerPoint presentations as well as course notes on various topics related to the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
4 Reasons Why Moodle Is The World’s Best LMS
- Ease of use – It is an excellent place for students, whatever their age, to become confident in using the web.
- Engaging content – With a variety of resource and activity types, learning on Moodle can be fun. Our Moodle consists of a range of media to present or link to learning materials, support the students and to evaluate their learning.
- Communicating and collaborating with peers – Students can discuss topics, share ideas and even feedback on each other’s work. The chat module in Moodle allows an online messaging interaction. This is ideal for guest speakers or for “live” discussion accessed from various locations at the same time.
- Easily accessible 24/7 – Study materials are available for the learners whenever they want them. Furthermore, it is possible to access our Moodle server even via a smartphone or mobile device.