Introduction to ISO 14001:2015 EMS
This highly interactive, challenging and intensive 5-day training programme is designed for those people who require an in-depth understanding of auditing skills and techniques associated with the Lead Auditor role. Also, this unique course is registered with CQI-IRCA .
Who should attend this course?
The ISO 14001 course satisfies the training requirements for those wishing to register to the CQI-IRCA auditing scheme. It is also vital for any environmental practitioner, particularly those who have the primary responsibility of implementing and maintaining their environmental management system as well as managing an audit programme for internal audits. Also, it is essential for those who are required to perform more critical and extensive company audits (corporate auditing); or those who are expected to regularly assess the performance of other companies (contractor, supplier and/or certification auditors); as well as for those who are seeking to extend their environmental and auditing skills to a professional level.
Delegates attending the ISO 14001:2015 EMS Lead Auditor training course should have prior knowledge of the following:
- Environmental Management principles and concepts
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- Environmental issues including an appreciation of environmental protection, pollution prevention and control
- Environmental management terms and definitions
- Appreciation of environmental compliance issues
- Typical structures for environmental management systems including process-based systems
- Structure, requirements and content of ISO 14001:2015
This knowledge can be gained in many ways:
- Previous experience and existing knowledge
- Reading or self-study
- Attending an CQI-IRCA ISO 14001 Foundation course – or an equivalent
What are the benefits?
Designed not only to help individuals perform value-added audits; this course is also designed to develop delegates’ more comprehensive understanding of environmental management systems development and implementation. Candidates will gain an understanding of the level of performance required for implementing a successfully certified EMS. Furthermore, they will also learn how to assess against the ISO 14001:2015 standard. It will help delegates to develop fundamental conceptual skills including risk-based thinking, life-cycle thinking, continual improvement and process-based approaches.
The ISO 14001 course satisfies the formal training requirements for those wishing to register with the CQI-IRCA auditing scheme.
The ISO 14001 course helps delegates deliver value-added audits to understand the principles of good environmental management and to increase their knowledge of the environmental management standards. Also, it will develop delegates’ knowledge and understanding of different environmental audit types, and the practical skills needed to plan, execute and report environmental management audits. On completion, representatives will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of an EMS based on the ISO 14001:2015 standard at a level acceptable to certification bodies.
- Auditing the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Objectives and types of environmental audits
- Auditor skills and development
- Processes and techniques for planning, conducting and reporting audits
- Overview of auditing for compliance
- Audit follow-up activities and auditing for continual improvement
- Roles and responsibilities of lead auditors
- Effective audit planning, reporting and execution based on current auditing standards
- Identifying valid findings, non-conformities as well as corrective action management
- Key focus areas for auditing core environmental processes
- Certification (based on ISO 17021) processes for EMS
Offering better value for money, we design our courses to match your particular requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
A combination of guided exercises and presentations, as well as a highly interactive, role-play exercise involving a simulated audit makes this course both beneficial and enjoyable for participants. Course attendees are evaluated based on their understanding and knowledge throughout the course and must also sit for a 2-hour examination to assess their level of understanding to complete this course.
Furthermore, our course leaders have substantial experience in the field of environmental management systems design and implementation. They are experienced and qualified auditors with extensive practical experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, service and utilities etc.
Candidates who successfully complete the ISO 14001 course, including examination, will be awarded an CQI-IRCA registered certificate.