NEBOSH Certificate – International General Certificate (IGC)
WHERE CAN I TAKE THE NEBOSH CERTIFICATE IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY COURSE?
What are the course fees for the NEBOSH certificate? Can I have some detailed information on the syllabus for the NEBOSH certificate training? These are often some of the questions frequently asked. We have tired of covering as cover as many issues as possible.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is recognised globally and provides you with a broad understanding of the critical issues in health and safety. The NEBOSH certificate training, i.e. the IGC is the most popular and beneficial for employees at all levels throughout the world. It gives them the skills and stands to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities in any country. It is also suitable for those starting their career in health and safety and provides a robust platform for progression onto the NEBOSH International Diploma.
Course fey facts:
- Learning Methods: E-learning and In-company
- Units: IGC1; Gc2; GC3
- Exams: Two half days exams for IGC 1& GC2 plus GC3 practical exams
- Duration: Depends on your learning method
Our NEBOSH IGC – Flipped Learning course takes around 120 study hours and is evaluated by 2 written exams plus a work based practical evaluation (see below to learn more). The exams are available in:
CSS’s Online Learning system offers everything you need to successfully study and pass your examinations, consisting of limitless tutor support from our group of health and security experts.
Prices are based upon the length of time you access our services and when & where you sit your test, which allows us to use really low course fees. Please note you will be unable to alter your exam date or place so you will require to be sure you are prepared.
AT WHAT LEVEL IS THE NEBOSH CERTIFICATE (IGC)& WHAT ARE THE COURSE FEES IN INDIA? DOES THE NEBOSH IGC COURSE FEES INCLUDE EVERYTHING?
Most students have a set objective in minds before they take the nebosh certificate training with CSS; i.e. to enhance the career and become an internationally recognised safety practitioner. Once a candidate has qualified with a NEBSOSH qualification there are more chances of an office promotion, improved job security and much more. However, before you enrol for the nebosh certificate you would want to know the NEBOSH certificate via flipped learning is one of the most effective ways to complete your NEBOSH IGC course.
At CSS we offer a simple and straightforward learning platform that is an idea for students. By opting for this study method, you can keep your cost down beside saving on your travelling expenses. Instead of attending the full-time training at your own pace. All you need is a mobile phone. Our course more often than not is subject to changes so be sure to check on our website for SPECIAL OFFERS!
The NEBOSH Certificate provides an excellent foundation for managers, supervisors and employees. The NEOSH certificate is an SCQF Level 6 is comparable to NQF/QCF Level 3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, or A-level standard. More details on the comparison may be found below:
COMPARING QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORKS AND LEVELS IN THE UK: CLICK HERE
The NEBOSH certificate is widely considered as the first step towards a career in health and safety. It is also accepted by IOSH in meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH).
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST NEBOSH GENERAL CERTIFICATE SYLLABUS FROM HERE
Upon completion you will be able:
- Recognize hazards in a range of workplace environments and suggest suitable corrective and preventative actions.
- Recognise the role of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and legal duties of both employers and employees.
- Support in the planning, implementation and regular assessment of a health and safety policy.
- Create a positive health and safety culture
- Carry out risk assessments and make references based on your findings.
- Investigate accidents/incidents and prepare reports recommending suitable corrective and preventative measures
- Health and Safety audit.
THE NEBOSH CERTIFICATE SYLLABUS.
Unit IGC1: Management of International Health & Safety
1. Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
2. Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems – Plan
3. Element 3: Health and Safety Management Systems – Do
4. Element 4: Health and Safety Management Systems – Check
5. Element 5: Health and Safety Management Systems – Act
Unit GC2: Control of workplace hazards
1. Element 1: Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
2. Element 2: Transport Hazards and Risk Control
3. Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
4. Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
5. Element 5: Electrical Safety
6. Element 6: Fire Safety
7. Element 7: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
8. Element 8: Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
WHAT IS THE PASS MARK FOR NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE COURSE?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate course is divided into three main modules,
- Management of international health and safety (IGC1)
- Control of international workplace hazards (GC2)
- International health and safety practical application (GC3)
The passing marks for IGC1 & GC2 are 45% while the passing marks for the practical exam (GC3) are 60%. NEBOSH does not have a total score to pass the exam, which means you have to pass each module independently.
NEBOSH Certificate PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT – GC3
The NEBOSH certificate practical assessment has to be performed at your workplace. The NEBSOH practical assessment focuses on two crucial aspects; 1. Carrying out a detailed inspection of your workplace. 2. Writing a report to your management convincing them of your finding and to persuade them to take immediate action. The inspection and the management report can either be written by hand or word processed. No time limit is set here. However, the NEBOSH guidelines suggest that the whole exercises should be completed within two hours and the management report should be around 700-1000 words in length.
NEBOSH provides a standard observation sheet to record the inspection. In the same way, the management report has to be written as per the usual headings set out by NEBOSH. Though it may sound obvious, it is essential the student reads to the entire guidance document, so they fully understand the requirements right from the beginning. Reading the marking matrix in the guidance document is necessary to enable the student to understand with the NEBOSH marker is looking for, to give high marks.
NEBOSH IGC practical assessment and information for students: CLICK HERE